Thursday 24 April 2008

More on Mecca Time

A friend sent me this link to a BBC article about Mecca time. Obviously I think they're nuts but I'm not alone. According to the article;

But the movement is not without its critics, who say that the notion that modern science was revealed in the Koran confuses spiritual truth, which is constant, and empirical truth, which depends on the state of science at any given point in time. [my bold]

Is this what passes for criticism? Are these the only critics? The BBC should fire the journalist if this is the only criticism he could find for such loony notions.

In effect what this quote is saying is that the computer I'm typing this on may, at some point in the future, stop working due to the state of science. But, revealed "truth" (you know, believing in magic) is like π or something (which, as everyone whose read the Bible knows, is 3).