Thursday 20 September 2007

XBox 360 + Bioshock

Well I brought an XBox 360.

Its a pretty cool (if noisy) piece of hardware and I especially like the wireless controller, its very handy, but I find myself automatically reaching for the non-existent wire when I'm finished playing. I'm not yet connected to XBox live but I'll hopefully get that sorted out in the coming months.

I've got two games, "Gears of War" & "Bioshock", but its Bioshock that really stands out. Its very atmospheric and one of the best games I've ever played even though I haven't even finished playing it yet.

As a player you get to shoot things (of course) but also genetically enhance yourself (my favourite being 'Incinerate'- "when it absolutely positively has to erupt in flames, don't wait INCINERATE! "), hack the local machines and sneak past security cameras. If that wasn't enough theres a brilliant story, a mystery to solve and a moral dimension to the game with hints that your actions will have consequences.

Its a very additive game where a couple of hours play fly past, I can't wait to see how it ends.