I am a little concerned going forward as
Obviously he should refuse to step off the podium down to fourth, after all the 10% is pure tokenism. Or maybe Brian could award himself a whole slew of medals to make up for this draconian pay cut. He'd look real spiffy (even more spiffy than normal) dressed up in all those medals. They might even distract the plebes from the state of the country.
- Singapore: Lee Hsien Loong $3.8m (€1.9m)
- Hong Kong: Donald Tsang $775,000 (€390,000)
- Ireland: Brian Cowen $624,000 (€314,000)
- US: George Bush $597,000 (€301,000)
- Japan: Taro Aso $530,000 (€267,000)
- France: Nicolas Sarkozy $483,000 (€243,000)
- Germany: Angela Merkel $475,000 (€239,000)
- United Kingdom: Gordon Brown $421,000 (€212,000)
- Canada: Stephen Harper $340,000 (€171,000)
- Australia: Kevin Rudd $330,000 (€166,000)
- New Zealand: John Key $325,000 (€163,000)
- US Vice-President: Dick Cheney $310,000 (€156,000)
- Russia: Vladimir Putin $120,000 (€60,000)
Sometimes I get so chocked up with pride I feel like getting sick.